This month’s guest, Daniel Foor, has been a companion on my healing journey over the past several years, through his teachings.
His work on ancestral healing has been especially impactful for me, making him one of the teachers I most refer my own students to when they’re in need of excavating this layer in their own healing journeys.
Daniel is a teacher and practitioner of practical animism who specializes in ancestral and family healing and in helping folks learn to relate well with the rest of life. He is a doctor of psychology, marriage and family therapist, founder and director at Ancestral Medicine, and author of Ancestral Medicine: Rituals for Personal and Family Healing.
Daniel is a life-long student of earth-honoring traditions and an initiate in West African Orisha traditions in the lineage of Olúwo Fálolú Adésànyà Awoyadé of Òdè Rẹ́mọ. His recent ancestors are settler-colonialists to North America from England, Germany, and Ireland, and he now lives with his wife and two daughters in Andalusia near the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Granada, Spain.
In our conversation we talk about:
- The ways that western healing and psychotherapy traditions limit our process by solely focusing on the individual
- Why opening up the ancestral real (including our blood ancestors and beyond) can really accelerate and catalyze so much in our own healing and experience of wellness
- What made daniel pack up his family of 4 and move them from the U.S. to Spain recently, as well as how that transition is going for them
- Why grief is a sacred practice, and how we can embrace it as such.
- As well as the Next steps we can all take to begin to feel more connected to our ancestors, the land we live on, and life at large
I really value Daniel’s teachings and it warms my heart to be able to share them with you today. Enjoy.
Daniel’s website: www.ancestralmedicine.org
Daniel on IG: www.instagram.com/danielfoor
Sara’s website: www.saraavantstover.com
Free healing guide: www.womensyogateachertraining.com/7obstacles
Sara on IG: www.instagram.com/saraavantstover
Sara on FB: www.facebook.com/saraavantstoverauthor
Subscribe to Sara’s newsletter: www.saraavantstover.com/#newsletter